Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy Memorial Day! Okay this week was insanely awesome, hard, fun, and a rollercoaster. But overall we saw so many miracles, it was AMAZING.
Last Pday we did end up going to Richmond, Missouri which was super sweet. Got to go to the pioneer cemetery there (where the three witness monument is and Oliver Cowdery is buried). Also, we saw a monument to remember where the old jail house that Joseph Smith and many others stayed at and it quoted when Joseph rebuked the guards. Pretty cool to stand where that happened, especially because we quote it all the time in our history at the Liberty Jail.
Tuesday, Echo was able to come to the Jail and we had Sister Valenti (ward missionary) meet us as well. We got to teach Echo Lesson 3 (The Gospel of Jesus Christ) and she WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!! She is going to be baptized on June 15th. So please keep her in your prayers :) she is sooo awesome and we were able to take a tour through the jail after the lesson and it was so powerful. Another miracle: Echo has had to work on Sundays and so we realized we might have to push her baptism back until she can attend several sacrament meetings, but we kept praying she would be able to come and miraculously she got work off!!! So she was able to come with her boyfriend and his family who is less active. It was so so awesome.
Wednesday was exchanges and I will share bits from that awesome day. To start off let's just get this out there, a bird crapped on me. So it's fine. hahaha oh man we were laughing SO HARD. I was with Sister Forbush by the way (she is incredible- from Idaho). We were just strolling down the street and somehow it landed it my hand.... k moving on. Cool story: We were almost about to head back to our shift at the jail, we had decided to knock one more door. But the mailman happened to be chillin at the side of the road and called to us. We say hey! and struck up a convo. He was very interested when we told him about the Book of Mormon and just bore testimony of the Restoration. Afterwards, he told us that he was stranded there and he went to show us that his battery was dead and when he went to turn the key to show us, it "magically turned on". He literally like jumped back and was like "WHAT THE! I swear it was dead!" He started freaking out and said "Sheesh what kind of power do you guys have with you?" Haha it was so funny. He told us that he knew we were supposed to meet that day which was awesome. I would have to agree, we were meant to cross paths with him.
While I was on exchanges with Sister Forbush, Sister Castellano was with Sister Lewis. And they were able to teach Angela!!!! Ahhhh it made me sooo happy. It is amazing because we met Angela like the beginning of the first transfer I was here and I just knew we were going to teach her someday, I have been praying for her ever since then. And she is finally ready!! She comes to church every week and she wants to be baptized so bad, she believes in everything and has a strong testimony. The only problem is that she is not officially adopted yet, so we are waiting on the adoption to go through so she can be baptized! Or else her birth mom has to "okay" it and she is anti which is a problem.. Bishop suggested a ward fast for Angela and her mom. If you could please keep her in your prayers. She is set for June 15th as well :)

On Thursday we had an AMAZING lesson with John, Adakcin, and Isaac. Holy smokes it was soo powerful. The Spirit was so strong! We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was the coolest thing, John was super engaged into the lesson which was a major step up from the last time we were there. It was crazy powerful to testify that he CAN see his wife again. John and Adakcin want to be baptized on June 22nd! It was the coolest thing when John asked if Isaac can be baptized too, because he wants that for him as well. We were able to testify that Isaac, who has autism, is already saved and will go to the celestial kingdom. We were all almost in tears when talking about the strong spirit that Isaac has. It was incredible teaching the "why" of the gospel.
Like I said, it was a week of miracles and we are so incredibly grateful. And there is much work ahead. This week is transfers and I am just a wee bit nervous, but I know wherever I am sent will be where the Lord needs me at this time. And no matter what happens, I have been so grateful for this time here at the Liberty Jail and in the Shoal Creek Ward. I love being a missionary!!
Special shout out to Sister Minall's sweeeet package all the way from England with yummy chocolates. Also, Lex your pic of you, Rebel, and I made my day! you me rebel bff's for life hahahaha. Madre and padre I always appreciate your emails AND letters, you are both soo so awesome so thank you so much. Pdays have been INSANE lately so I am sorry if I haven't written you back but this week I will.
The Church is true and this work is amazing. I love you guys.
Sister Smartty Pants

No comments:

Post a Comment