Monday, September 9, 2013

Basically I don't have too much to say this week.. Maybe it will come to me as I start writing! But for starters, happy birthday to my Brynlee Bear on Friday!!!! I can't believe she is already five.. literally blows my mind. I love you so much Bryn and miss you guys like crazy! Also, congrats to Devin and Kella! I can't believe I will meet a new nephew that will probably be walking by the time I get home.. Looks like such a stud and I am so happy Heavenly Father brought him to our family.

Our zone is really focusing on finding! There are 11 missionaries here in Manhattan which means the Lord has prepared the hearts of many and there is a great work here. It is just a matter of finding those prepared people and fulfilling our purpose here in the Little Apple..

On Saturday, the Junction City missionaries planned a fiesta for investigators and members and invited all of us. Sister Stewart and I decided to go and Apryl was able to come with.... which turned into a crazy adventure. Sister Christensen (love her) drove us all out there and the adventures began. After arriving we found out that Apryl had fallen about 45 minutes earlier and had hit her head pretty bad. She had the hugest bump on the back of her head and ended up sick in the bathroom. We finally talked her into going to the hospital. On our way out, she heard the kids hitting a pinata (wish I could find the n with the squiggle on top)... and so Apryl ran back in and started cheering the kids on. She was a riot!! She couldn't even walk straight but she was determined to enjoy the party and talk to everyone she could... It was scary/hilarious. We finally got her out of there and got her to Manhattan so she could go to the hospital. As she was leaving she just kept saying "Don't even worry ladies, I will be at service tomorrow". Hahah that is is determination holy cow.

And she was! She still came to church the next day. Concussion and all. Church was really great. I have never looked forward to church as much as I do as a missionary. I need it every week. Even when I don't realize it, every week I always feel sooo much better after being able to partake of the sacrament and be uplifted/strengthened so that I can strengthen others that week. I really loved the lessons and needed them. For myself and for those we are teaching. After church, we were able to teach Rene, who is 10 years old. Her mom is a member but Rene isn't baptized (yet). She is such a sweet girl and I just love her so much. It is soo different teaching a 10 year old by themselves. Having to really focus on the plain and simple truths puts things into a new perspective. It is also a struggle because she has ADHD and is mildly autistic.. It has been hard but I just so badly want her to feel loved and to know her worth. She was sooo nervous but we helped her to say the closing prayer! (first prayer she has ever said...)

Also, two days this past week were pretty crazy. The sisters in the University Branch are a trio and two of them had to go to Wichita for the leadership meeting. So last minute they had us go stay in their area with Sister Fortuna. It was pretty wild trying to keep up with two areas and work together. It was just supposed to be one day but turned into two because one of the sisters got sick. So we were running back and forth between our apartments and ended up staying there. The other sister has only been out for a couple weeks so I was so weirded out that I was the one that had been out the longest out of us three and really felt responsible to keep us going and obedient. It was interesting.

Pray for Sister Stewart and I that we will be led by the Spirit to those that are ready and prepared to hear the gospel. I am so grateful to be a missionary! 

"Work will win when wishy-washy wishing won't" -Pres. Monson
"Moments are the molecules that make up eternity"
"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read"
(Some favorites from this week)

I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Sister Smartt

No comments:

Post a Comment