Monday, October 28, 2013

Who even knew Halloween was the creepiest holiday ever? As a missionary I am seeing it in a whole new light ha..

Saturday was our ward's Fall Festival! Which turned out so great. Such a fun time and I just realize more and more how much I love this ward and this area. Erin and Joshua came which was the greatest surprise EVER. They are amazing!! Sadly the University sisters will have to start teaching them because they fall under their age and aren't married..... yet :) So maybe we will work on that haha

We are still teaching Susan and Nancy. Both are progressing very slowly but we are working hard with them and praying for patience. We weren't able to have much contact with our Ecuadorians this week... or the Self's. Amissa and Cazaiah were able to come to church yesterday though!! The youth welcomed them warmly and it was a great Sabbath.

Our less actives are doing pretty well! Tonya is still reading and praying daily and it is incredible to WATCH her heart soften. The Spirit is such a powerful tool. As a returned missionary, it is all about helping her to remember. But really, that is how it is with everyone right? We chose Jesus Christ before we came to Earth and we agreed to this beautiful and trying plan of our Heavenly Father's. The Rodger's (less active) invited us over for dinner this past week! So grateful for that tender mercy. Sadly, they still weren't able to come to church but they are progressing in their reading and praying at home.

We met this girl named Jessica who has met with missionaries in the past. Her husband is deployed and he is a member! She is willing to meet with us again :) Also, the Crocker's dad is home from deployment and seeing their entire fam at church together was a beautiful site. They are sooo stoked for their baptism on November 29th!!

Yesterday in Relief Society the lesson was on the power of obedience. For part of the lesson we focused on 1 Nephi 3:7 about the Lord preparing a way for us to accomplish what he commands. I was sooo overwhelmed with the Spirit when I remembered the huge miracle it was in preparing for my mission. I knew that the Lord was calling me and despite my worries/discouragements/etc. I knew that if it was right He would prepare the way. And He did! Remembering how perfectly EVERYTHING worked out allowing me to go was amazing. I know I have seen His hands in my life so many times. He is real and He loves us so much.

"God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs." -Spencer W. Kimball
There are people out there that need YOU. Your gifts/talents/service/testimony and YOU can make a difference and be an instrument in the Lord's hands. 

I love you all and hope you have a grand ole week. Eat too much candy, it's appropriate this time of the year.

With love,
Sister Smartt

No comments:

Post a Comment