Monday, December 2, 2013

Greet week in Lake Shawnee! Felt sooo good to finally be able to work some.
Thanksgiving was great. The members spoil us so much. And they won't stop feeding us!!! So basically we need to start running hard core ha. But we literally ate all day... breakfast, lunch, and dinner appointments. Every appointment was so solid though, with nonmember friends and family. Also, there were THEE cutest kids so it made me feel like I was home for a sec, sitting at the mini kid's table for Thanksgiving din.

WE FOUND A NEW INVESTIGATOR! Karaissa was a self referral. We didn't have much info on her and were hoping and praying she would be receptive to our visit. She let us RIGHT in and said she had been waiting for us.. She used to meet with elders for a long time and explained her past with missionaries. She knows the Church is true and wants to be baptized! She has had an incredibly rough life but is such a strong woman. I was seriously sooo overwhelmed with love for her and her family. I knew that she was one soul the Lord sent us here for. She is stoked to have sisters and we know this is her time! She is so prepared. Oh and she showed us all of the church books she has read (teachings of the prophets, articles of faith) and she has read the D&C as well as the Pearl of Great Price. We kept having to pinch ourselves to confirm it was real life. We love her soo much already and are so excited to serve her. 

Both Friday and Saturday we went to Manhattan for baptisms!! The Crocker family was baptized Friday evening and it was just too great. It was incredible to see their family so happy and full of the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Hannah, Ellie, and Brayden were soo adorable when they saw me and attacked me with hugs. I love their family! Saturday was Ivan's baptism (Sister Call's investigator) and it was soo so good. He has a very powerful testimony and it was cool to witness that special day for him. Oh and we got to see Felix there!!!! He set us up an appointment with another referral, his friend, (Megan) in Topeka for Tuesday.

We finally got to go to our ward on Sunday! It was awesome to meet so many of the members and introduce ourselves/bear testimonies. It was one of the most powerful fast and testimony meetings I have ever been to. I love this ward a lot and it is quickly filling the holes in my heart from leaving the Little Apple. Being a Sister Training Leader is still a learning experience for me. It has been hard and sometimes I feel like we are therapists.... literally. But I know the Lord will help me and I have a lot to learn!

I can't even remember if I told you guys last week.. But the KWM is doing what's called Noche Blancha. (White Christmas) and we have set a goal to have 40 baptisms before the new year! We are inviting EVERYONE to be baptized on the 24th of December. What a better gift to give our Savior right? Please pray for the mish and us in Lake Shawnee to find those that the Lord has prepared. Sister Call and I have faith that there are at least 2 of our brothers and sisters that will be ready in this area.

I LOVE YOU ALL! Oh and thank you mom and pops for the early Christmas present, I was seriously so happy when Bro Homewood gave me them. 

Much love,
Sister Smartt

PS this old man called us last night and asked us to marry him. Sister Small died laughing to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment