Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Well basically it is like ZERO DEGREES. But I love the snow, it is soooo pretty. I feel like we are in a winter wonderland and everything sparkles. Minus the fact that I drove last night in the mad storm and had to drive like a gma cause it was so sketch. Okay but we we were so beyond blessed this week!

So MLC was great. The Manhattan sisters slept over the night before, then we jumped in the "Egan Van" along with the zone leaders and office elders. It was a blast! Okay so guess how they started the meeting? So cruel slash so powerful.

President runs in towards the beginning with one of the AP's and a letter from the First Presidency. All serious, he announces that because of the increase in missionaries, they have prayerfully decided to reduce all the lengths of missions by 6 months. It hit me like a ton of bricks and I felt so sick to my stomach. My initial thought was that is soooo not fair and 18 months is already too short. Of course sisters are crying (maybe me included) and the elders were all pretty upset. It was a really powerful time to evaluate how precious this time really is. Of course it ended up being a joke but it set the tone for the meeting and allowed us to all focus 100%.

Thursday we met with the AP's (Elders Neeley and De Leon) and our zone leaders (Elders Moyle and Bartholomew) to plan for zone training on Friday. It was way cool to all come together with our ideas and zone training turned out to be AMAZING. We all felt like we should start out the meeting the same way that MLC started. President sent out a voicemail announcing the reduction of mission time and we hooked it up to speakers. We actually felt kind of bad because some of the sisters immediately started bawling hysterically. We went around and expressed why we felt like that and it was incredible to see how much everyone loves their missions.

We are still teaching Karaissa and just love her sooo much! Bro Scerbo and the elders joined us to dedicate her home and give her a blessing. It was a super powerful visit. Her house is always a party and the neighbor kids were over for one of the visits and are now new investigators! Michelle, Kylie, and Madison came to church :) Also, we met with Megan (referral from Felix) and she is such a sweetheart. She's super interested too. Between them and the Douglass fam, we were blessed to find 13 new investigators this week!! Oh and yesterday in church we were both able to speak in sacrament meeting. Relief society and young women's also asked us to help teach so we realized we double booked and had to split. I was blessed to be in RS and share my testimony about Joseph Smith. It was incredible to take myself back to the many experiences I had at the Liberty Jail and to remember how I have been able to come to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and to reaccount how I have come to know him.

Words of wisdom for the week: live every day like it's your last, with Jesus Christ at the center. And I will live my mission like every day is my last.

I LOVE you all!!!

Sister Smartt

PS this morning Sister Small put up a mini Christmas tree and decorated our basement. It was the BEST EVER. Christmas is here woooooWOOO


No comments:

Post a Comment