Monday, April 28, 2014

Buenos dias!! our new district will be all Spanish so I better start practicing
haha.
It was a good week! Very busy and flew by........ I am excited for a new
transfer but my mind is just blown. I literally feel like I got to Derby 3 days
ago. I don't even know how that just happened. 
As I was just telling mom.. I hope to at least see a tornado! I am in Kansas so
I better!!!  (Lot's of warnings over the weekend)

This week is transfers and Sister Hannah and I will both be staying another
transfer here in Derby. I am happy to have a new transfer and a fresh start
to work our hardest and to see miracles these next six weeks!!

We had a good week, minus the fact that all 3 of our investigators that
were preparing for baptism have kind of fell off the face of the earth....
We have faith that they will pick right up though and continue pressing
forward. It's a new week in the service of the Lord. We are going to work
harder and smarter and become more like the missionaries that the Lord
would have us become.

Here is a poem that I LOVED this past week:

"My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me;
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.
Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride,
Forget that He seeth the upper,
And I the under side.
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly,
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned."
(Anonymous)

Our Father in Heaven truly does have a plan for EACH of us. I know this to
be true. I know that it's hard to trust in Him but if and when we do that,
life is so simple. We are all on this path to prepare to return back to Him
and I am grateful for the restored gospel to help us get there. I know this
is His Church! I love you all.

Sister Smartt


ps I get to "see" you in just a few short weeks (via Skype of course)!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment