Monday, May 5, 2014

This past week was super great here in Derby. There is always so much that happened and I can never recall all of the miracles/tender mercies that we experience. But I will do my best to share a couple of them!
Yesterday by far was the best surprise miracle ever! So after attending the Ridgepoint ward and hearing an incredible testimony meeting, we raced over to the YSA branch. I love that it is a small group. Everyone is super close and it reminds me of like EFY or even missionary testimony meetings since we are all the same age and such. Anyways, guess who bore their testimony!?!!? MARILYN. Holy cow it was the best thing ever. She got up there and bore such a powerful testimony that she believes this church is true and that the BOM is true. She said that the Holy Spirit told her to get up there and tell everyone that. Maybe she made me want to cry I was so happy for her!! As a missionary I feel like we are the "parents" of those we teach and when they progress it is like the best feeling in the world! Marilyn is back in business and truly wants to be baptized. She rushed to talk to President Beeson after sacrament meeting and told him that she is ready and wants to be baptized. Miracle!
We are really striving to get more members out with us. And not just the typical sisters that always do.. but everyone! We are ALL involved in this great work and we ALL have strengths to contribute. So on Thursday we had a sister from the YSA branch come out with us. She is suuuper quiet/doesn't like talking to strangers. But I just adore her and was determined to make it a great experience for her. We talked to soo many people that day and were able to hand out 3 copies of the Book of Mormon! She said it was super awkward/hard at times but that she loved it. And a huge focus that day was literally talking to everyone. Thinking back to the beginning of my mission and how far I have come in turning my fears over to the Lord, I am amazed. The Atonement is so real and the gospel is here to change us. I know that its power is SO so real.
We are still working with a ton of less actives and many are still progressing! It is incredible to be a part of their journey back into activity. Also, we had a ward party on Friday. It was a blaaast!! There were some nonmembers there which was great. It was a carnival theme and they had one booth to pie the bishop in the face. I totally volunteered to get pied as well but no one would! Wooses.
So when Sis H was sick again this week, I studied a tooooon in the New Testament. As well as a bunch of talks about the Atonement. I love the gospel! And I just want to be a missionary forever. But here is a favorite from my studies:

"“Grace shall be as your day”—what an interesting phrase. We have all sung it hundreds of times, but have we stopped to consider what it means? “Grace shall be as your day”: grace shall be like a day. As dark as night may become, we can always count on the sun coming up. As dark as our trials, sins, and mistakes may appear, we can always have confidence in the grace of Jesus Christ. Do we earn a sunrise? No. Do we have to be worthy of a chance to begin again? No. We just have to accept these blessings and take advantage of them. As sure as each brand-new day, grace—the enabling power of Jesus Christ—is constant. Faithful pioneers knew they were not alone. The task ahead of them was never as great as the power behind them."
-from "His Grace is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox (a favorite for sure!)
I love you all. But seriously I do. And I pray for you by name each day. I can feel how much our Father in Heaven loves you too!
Sister Smartt
ps see you next week!!!!! And happy Mother's day to madre!

No comments:

Post a Comment