Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Subject: KS in KS

Last transfer revealed.......
I will be staying here in Derby in the Ridgepoint Ward and Rock Road branch.. and Sister Gurr will be joining me!! I honestly couldn't be happier. She is such a sweet sister that I have served around quite a bit throughout my mission. I can't wait to get out and kill it with her this next month!!!!
We have been verrry blessed this past week. Here are some favorites:
On Saturday I prayed and prayed like crazy, then fasted that Taylor, Trace, and their mom Deborah could come to church!! And guess what? They came! They had to rush out after sacrament meeting so she could get to work.. but the members were so great in welcoming them and inviting them to the next classes :)
We are teaching the coolest family ever!! So we met the mom, Katherine, first and she accepted a BOM and said we could come back. When we did, she was asleep but we were able to meet with her husband, Ezekiel. He is AWESOME. Originally from Kenya, he's 7th Day Adventist.. But is very open and they are such a cute little young family! They are some of the kindest people I have met and the parents want the best for their cute kids.. soooo let's pray and hope that they join the Lord's church! As we were driving away from that appointment, Sister Hannah and I just kept saying over and over again how much the Lord NEEDS them in His church. I can't wait for the day.
We are also teaching this couple, Cherie and Ron. We taught Cherie the Plan of Salvation on Thursday. It was a beautiful evening, we were sitting on her porch swings and the Spirit was THICK. It was the most amazing thing to testify to her that she CAN see her son again, who passed away when he was 22.... I LOVE the gospel and sharing this joy and knowledge with others.
I am so grateful for all of our Heavenly Father's children that we are teaching here. I love this area and I love being a missionary! I know that there are soooo many miracles awaiting this next transfer. I feel blessed to be apart of this great work. And I know everyone can experience miracles every single day.. we just need to open our eyes and hearts and allow the Lord to work through us.
I love you all! I have a testimony that this is the Lord's church. He has a plan for each of us and He LOVES us. 
"Pure Christlike love flowing from righteousness can change the world."
Sister Smartt

No comments:

Post a Comment