Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 7, 2014
AHHH I can't wait to meet Boston!!! This was the best surprise ever. I have been praying so hard that everything would go well and I'm so glad he's happy and healthy. Our family is so blessed.
I can't even remember what we did this past week.... all I remember is that we worked HARD, saw many tender mercies/miracles, and endured through some dark days. Also, zone conference is coming up and they have asked us to read The Challenging and Testifying Missionary. It's been a while since I had read it so it's been super motivating and has inspired me to progress each day as a disciple of Christ.
My favorite lesson of the week was on Saturday. We went with some members to pick up Taylor and Trace for a church tour :) We had an awesome church tour which ended in front of the baptismal font. Taylor and Trace are 15 and 11.. brother and sister and very shy. It was a trial to get them to open up throughout the lesson but the spirit was suuper strong. They committed to be baptized on July 26th! Their mom is very supportive and will listen in on lessons but "isn't interested right now".. Pray for her!
Another highlight of the week was alll of the members that went out with us! We had 9 member present lessons and tons of teamups- it was such a blessing. We are striving to find the Amulek for each investigator right now. OH and when Emily came out with us..... we encountered some llama dogs! It was hilarious/scary/we almost died. They spat on us just like llamas and then attacked. We were trying to contact a referral from the elders but weren't successful. We will be back soon to visit those vicious llama dogs. Nothing can stop the work..... hahahha
Like I said at the beginning, there were a couple really dark days this week. I prayed and prayed and prayed harder. Then one of the mornings I decided to study all about peace for my personal study. I looked up peace in the topical guide and studied all of the scriptures. Despite our circumstances, or the darkness of others around us, we can be filled with light and peace as we turn to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for this light that is always there for us, without fail. We are sooooooo blessed. This world really is dark and scary and we have been called to share our light with others to make it brighter each day. I love being a missionary and I love this gospel.

With love,
Sister Smartt 
KS in KS :)
PS Happy birthday to Jen!!!! I love you soo so much and am so grateful to have an amazing example like you as my sis. Have such a great day!! Also, happy bday to the KWM. I love this mission with all of my heart and I can't even believe it's been a year since the mission split.... we have seen some major miracles/progress in the KWM. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment