Monday, February 24, 2014

Okay so this is like the first time in a long time that I don't have much to say! It was a pretty good week though.

We found a few new investigators through part member families which is super exciting! And we worked a ton with less actives. Karaissa has been out of town allll week which was sad. But she got home last night and it was the best surprise ever!! We have a couple awesome appointments this evening and some tomorrow with members.

This week will be great fun. We have the sister's conference on Wednesday in Manhattan. It will be with all of our sisters in our zone combined with the Flint Hills zone. We are stooooked and will report next week!

Yesterday was ward conference and the theme was "pressing forward" which was really powerful. We talked a ton about feasting upon the words of Christ also. I am soooo grateful for the strength and the power I have received from the scriptures to help others. I know without a doubt that they are the word of God. 

"A testimony is spiritual knowledge of truth obtained by the power of the Holy Ghost. Continuing conversion is constant devotion to the revealed truth we have received- with a heart that is willing and for righteous reasons. Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion. We should know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel."

I have been thinking a TON about testimony vs. conversion (Elder Bednar's talk "Converted Unto the Lord"). I would have considered myself "converted" before my mission but looking back at how much I have grown and how my testimony/conversion has grown it is insane. I now desire with all of my heart to be an instrument for my Father in Heaven and to be converted to Him always. I love this gospel!

I love you all and am so grateful for each of you!

Sister Smartt

PS the zone spoiled me for my bday and sang happy birthday to me probably 1200 times this past week. Also, the zone leaders bought me a Duck Dynasty cake to try and sobotage the diet... sneaksters.

No comments:

Post a Comment