Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Subject: Sister Agent Smartt

Sister Macovichuk and I were detectives this past week. Can't go into details but that's the reason behind the name. And also the reason we didn't have much time to work this past week:(

Aside from all of that madness, we did have a great week! We did two exchanges. One of which, Sister Cramer came here to Lake Shawnee with me and it was a blast. She is hilarious and we got along great. And SHE KNEW WHAT ASEA WAS!!!! That was a first in my book. 

The second exchange, I went to Lawrence with Sister Judy. I love her too!!!! She is amazing!! We became super close and had an eventful day.... Also, we volunteered at the Salvation Army with all the Lawrence missionaries and fed the homeless. Dennis, this hilarious homeless man, kept calling me his "baby girl" and may or may not have tried to kiss me multiple times. But did not succeed, luckily. It was a humbling experience serving our brothers and sisters that are in the situations they were, to not have homes. It broke my heart but it felt good to try and brighten their day.

We had some awesome lessons with Karaissa and her familia this week. We found an awesome friend for her in the ward (sister Jackson) who came with us. Best surprise ever for a missionary- Sis Jackson ended up staying after we left and they got to know each other super well. Michelle and Kiley are doing well also and I still looooove teaching them!

We got to see Megan and her kids with Sister Davis!!! I LOVE THEM. And Sis Davis is thee perfect fellowship for her. We are working towards March 8th for their baptisms. We know they are so ready so we are trying to help them push it up.

Sadly everyone bailed on church yesterday.... We had rides all set up and it was going to be just dandy. But literally Sunday morning everyone bailed, one by one. It was rough.. but that's the rollercoaster of the mish. And next week we have faith in everyone to come! It is super sad seeing how hard Satan works to keep us from church and from doing the things that will ultimately help us. And as a bystander, it is hard watching and knowing what they are missing out on!!

Sister Ramsey had us help teach her Sunday school lesson for some of the youth. It was all about the Spirit and its role in teaching us. It was crazy slash cool looking back on how far I have come since being their age (14/15). Looking back, I truly didn't understand the importance of the Spirit. I can't even pinpoint when life changed for me but I just think of 2 Nephi 28:30 (line upon line, precept upon precept). "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." I challenged them to NOT GIVE UP. Studying the scriptures can be boring at that age.. But I know that if we don't give up and diligently seek, the mysteries of God truly can be unfolded to us. And it is incredible. President Bell challenged me to start saying 20 minute prayers and to listen for 10 minutes of that. It is changing my life! And I love talking to my Father, I really truly do.

Today and tomorrow we will be doing exchanges with the Wakarusa sisters. Thursday will be a special MLC in Wichita with someone from the missionary department. Then next week will be the TOPEKA ZONE TEMPLE TRIP!!! :)

I love you all!!! Jenn and madre, you are in my prayers. Well extra prayers.

Lots of love,
Sister agent Smartt

No comments:

Post a Comment